Workplace Injury Prevention at Physio Plus
Competency Based Training Module
The competency based training module offers employers the ability to deliver specific manual handling training targeted towards the individual characteristics and demands of specific positions. This on-site training initiative is a convenient, consistent, and cost-effective method of ensuring identified staff have the appropriate level of manual handling capability and competency in key manual handling job roles.
Competency based training also provides the following benefits:
- Evidence of staff training for legislation or accreditation purposes,
- An objective reference point when determining staff compliance or competency issues,
- A convenient and cost effective training tool for the induction and orientation of new staff,
- Consistent, relevant and current training & safety information.
- 3 hours training + summary report
- Small groups of up to 4 staff
- Delivered at the workplace to enable access and use of key plant, machinery and equipment
- Review and assessment of up to 5 job-specific tasks
- Issue of certificate of competency at completion of the training.
- Key causes of manual handling injuries
- Mechanisms of injury in manual handling tasks
General Manual Handling guidelines
- Risk Control
- Risk assessment
- Manual Handling principles
Practical demonstration of Risk Control in the workplace
- Group warm-up strategies
- Group "tool-box" meeting and performance of a workplace Risk Assessment
- Demonstration of Safe Work Methods
Assessment of Manual Handling competency
- Individual performance of manual handling tasks
Summary Report and Certificates of Competency
- Certificate of Competency: Advanced Pass
- Certificate of Competency: Pass
- Certificate of Competency: Not Competent. Recommend employee attend competency training again.
Active at Work Exercise Classes
Promoting a healthy, active workforce
An individual’s health is critical to their daily performance. If employees are not in good health, they will not be performing as well as they could be. Studies have shown that workers are more likely to be on the job and performing well when they are feeling well both physically and mentally. Workers are also more likely to be attracted to, remain with, and appreciate an employer that invests in the health and wellness of their employees.
A large part of developing and retaining a healthier workforce is identifying health risks early and encouraging employees to make simple, important, and sustainable lifestyle changes. One of the most important lifestyle changes a worker can make is to participate in regular exercise.
The Active at Work (AAW) program offers employers structured exercise classes for groups of workers and is a practical and cost-effective way to deliver employee health services whilst encouraging workers to make healthier lifestyle choices.
The classes, which include exercises are targeted towards the needs of ageing workers and in consideration of the physical demands of their work duties, are conducted in an appropriate space at your workplace.
The AAW classes are a positive investment in your company's most important resource, the employees, and can assist you in managing the health and productivity of your ageing workforce by:
- Improving fitness, mobility, and functional capabilities.
- Combating the effects of work related repetitive movements and sustained postures
- Reducing the rate of absenteeism and time lost due to injury
- Improving worker morale which in turn lowers staff turnover, recruitment and retraining costs.
- Providing participants with selected exercises that encourage self-management at home and at work
45 minute classes
Groups of 8 to 15 staff
Pain Free @ Work
Work related pain and injury can deliver a significant cost in financial, organizational, and human terms.
Many of these pain conditions are accumulative in nature. That is, they are the result of long-term exposure to the repetitive movements and postures of the workplace.
Physio Plus can assist employers reduce the rates of these accumulative strain injuries, by giving staff the simple tools to combat the effects of the postures, movements and physical demands of their jobs.
Pain-Free @ Work exercise programs are a simple and sustainable initiative that provides "front- line" preventative action against work place injuries.
Each Pain-Free @ Work program is tailored to suit the needs and demands of individual worker groups.
- A 5 minute Warm-Up exercise routine for the workplace,
- A 2 minute Posture Break exercise routine for the job site, and
- A Home Routine to encourage self-management and personal responsibility.
The initial instruction is delivered on-site at the workplace in a 90 minute group instruction session.
The employer also receives each program via e-mail in MS Word format, which can then be printed as handouts or enlarged as workplace posters.
Employee Health Checks
Promoting a healthy, active, happy workforce
An individual's health is critical to their daily performance. If employees are not in good health, they will not be performing as well as they could be.
Studies have shown that workers are more likely to be on the job and performing well when they are feeling well both physically and metally.
Workers are also more likely to be attracted to, remain with, and appreciate an employer that invests in the health and wellnes of their employees.
A large part of developing and retaining a healthier workforce is identifying health risks early and encouraging employees to make simple, important, and sustainable lifestyle changes.
Employee Health Checks are a popular pro-active workplace health initiative aimed at increasing health awareness amongst staff and encouraging the uptake of healthy lifestyle behaviours. Employee Health Checks can be implemented as a stand-alone health and wellness program, or in support of other workplace initiatives or events.
- Quality of life Questionaire
- Health and Lifestyle profile
- Blood Pressure
- Waist-to-Hip Ratio
- Simple Visual Acuity
- Lung Function
- Joint Mobility
- Posture analysis
- Functional movement & locomotion
- Cardio-vascular fitness
- Recommendations: Health and lifestyle guidance for the individual
- 30 minute assessment
- Implemented on a group bookings basis
- Delivered on-site in an appropriate office or location
- Includes Individual Summary Report and Recommendations for worker
- Includes Employee Group Summary Report for Employer - Statistics for interpretation
- Additional Report - Findings and Recommendations - can be provided when requested (additional fee applies).
Ergonomic Snap Assessments
Promoting a healthy workplace
In line with a rapid expansion of sedentary and computer based workers, we are also seeing an increase in the number of occupational overuse pain conditions related to the movements, postures and ergonomics of the modern day workplace.
However, an individual's health is critical to their daily performance. If employees are not in good health, they will not be performing as well as they could be.
A large part of developing and retaining a healthier workforce is identifying health risks early and encouraging employees to make simple, important, and sustainable changes to their workplace and work habits.
The application of ergonomics in the workplace is concerned with creating a "fit" between the worker and the workplace, so to optimise worker safety, comfort and productivity.
Healthy ergonomics practices in the workplace will improve staff performance, productivity, morale and retention, and decrease work related pain, injury, and absenteeism.
Physio Plus SNAP Ergonomic Assessments are a practical and cost-sensitive preventative health initiative that enables employers to improve workplace health and safety via:
- Early identification of simple ergonomic risk factors, and
- Practical recommendations to improve worker safety and comfort
This simple, non-obtrusive 20 minute assessments can be provided with minimal interruption to the workplace or workers duties.
The assessments utilise a brief interview and assessment of the worker, and an ergonomic checklist to identify potential risk arising from:
- The immediate work environment
- Workplace layout and design
- Equipment design and use
- Staff work habits
- 20 minute assessment
- Implementation on a group bookings basis
- Delivered on- site at the workers work station
- Education and simple ergonomic changes are delivered where appropriate to the worker during the assessment
- Includes a 1 page Individual Summary Recommendations Report for employer.